Today will be the final round of presentation sessions. The topic is Repression, Control & Propaganda. Below are the presenters:
- Hosuk Shin – Cyberspace: The New Face of War in the XXI Century
- Bryan Funk – Does The Cybersecurity Act Of 2012 Mark The Beginning Of The War On Cyber-terrorism?
- Eugene Hung – While Controversial, ‘Kony 2012’ Has Put Focus On Atrocities
- Sean Clancy – Anti-Assad Propaganda Assault Heats up with Claims of WMDs
- Hajara Asad Ali – Dictators have good reason to fear the internet
- Gabby Celani – Freedom of expression and the internet in China
- Midori Shimabuku – The Kony 2012 Scam And Why You Should STOP Supporting ‘Invisible Children’
- John Capolino – China’s censorship of World of Warcraft
Next week we begin the final section of the course: Surfin’ on Sunshine. As mentioned at our last class, I will be sharing a handout that will list the revised requirements in terms of blogging and ds106 assignments. As this section will be a couple of lessons shorter, you will be required to less of both than in earlier sections. But I will have more specific instructions about topics and categories. If you miss class and are unable to get the handout, please get in touch with by email.
For Monday’s lesson (3/19), please read the article and watch the video linked to below. It would be great if you could bring notes and questions you came up with while watching and reading to class.
- Article – Gardner Campbell: A Personal Cyberinfrastructure (2009)
- Video – March Wesch: A Vision of Students Today (2007)